Associate at Meaningful Societies in Tunis
Associate at Voluntās Meaningful Societies
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a consultancy that puts purpose above profit with a stated purpose of realizing human potential. In our Meaningful Societies center of curiosity, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making.
We work extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent quantitative skills to join us as an associate at our office in Tunis. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience working on quantitative research projects for an international organization, research institute, consultancy, or university.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
- Leading descriptive and inference quantitative analysis and research, along with qualitative research
- Leading project and methodology design (including scoping, sampling, instrument development, and analytical frameworks)
- Overseeing development of presentations and reports
- Liaising with clients on project needs
- Supporting the development of proposals for project leads
- Supporting and mentoring analysts based in Copenhagen, Khartoum, and Tunis
- Master’s in economics, statistics, political science, international development, or similar field
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated experience with data management and statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, or R)
- Solid knowledge of quantitative research methods for social science (sampling, weighting, data cleaning and management, descriptive statistics, inference analysis)
- Ability to lead quantitative analysis research
- Familiarity with data visualization (Excel, Tableau, or PowerBI)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and spoken English; French and/or Arabic skills are a strong asset
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- High level of personal initiative, accountability, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume (CV), grade transcript, and a cover letter (maximum one page) addressing the three points below:
- A time your actions positively impacted a community
- A time when something genuinely excited you
- An inspiring project at Voluntās you would like to work on (not a current Voluntās project)
The cover letter and CV must be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a written test/quantitative assessment followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Deadline: June 17th, 2022.
To ensure all people are treated equally regardless of ethnicity, gender, and age, we encourage all applicants NOT to include pictures, names, or years of birth in their application.