Analyst in Meaningful Societies
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a consultancy that puts purpose above profit and aims to fundamentally change how human potential is led and realized. In our Meaningful Societies pillar, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis to improve their living standards and access to rights.
We work across Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, informality, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals for our analyst program. Analysts can join for 6 or 12 months and be based at one of our offices in Lebanon, India, Tunisia, and Sudan.* The program is designed to maximize the analyst’s own potential while providing a hands-on opportunity to experience a wide variety of assignments with our international clients and partners. Analysts will contribute to our work by applying critical and creative thinking on research and analysis and by supporting our consultants on projects.
As an analyst, you will serve as a full-time member of our team and receive day-to-day coaching from experienced colleagues.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
- Conducting desk research
- Quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Contributing to business development
- Contributing to project and methodology design (including scoping, sampling, instrument development, and analytical frameworks)
- Conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Developing presentations and reports
- Providing administrative support and input to internal strategic processes
- Bachelor´s degree or higher in economics, political science, international development, international law, or similar field
- Excellent written and spoken English; French and/or Arabic skills are a strong asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated interest in international issues
- Results-oriented mindset
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- High level of personal initiative, accountability, and a strong work ethic
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in a team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with statistical and visualization software (SPSS, Excel, Tableau, PowerBI) is a strong asset
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume (CV), grade transcript, and a cover letter addressing the three points below:
- Write a short story about who you are as a human being
- Tell us what the most inspiring project imaginable for you at Voluntās would be (not a current Voluntās project)
- Describe the three biggest weaknesses you will bring to Voluntās
In your cover letter, please indicate your preferred location and whether you are interested in the 6-month and 12-month program.
The cover letter (maximum one page) and CV must be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a written test/assessment followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
*Please note that for Sudan, we can only accept national candidates at this time.
Deadline: March 17th, 2023
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, irrespective of age, gender, race, or ethnicity.
The one-year program is planned to start August 1st, 2023
For any inquiries feel free to contact Rebecca John (email@example.com)
Feel free to reach out: